Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloween!


Autumn is here! The leaves are turning from one shade of deep green to a celebration of colors...reds, oranges, yellows and golds. On an early morning walk , I take deep breaths of the crisp fall air. I feel alive and invigorated. Quietly, I can hear the swish of dried summer leaves float between my feet. Sweet music to my ears.

I love the smell of the inside of a freshly-carved pumpkin. I put my nose in and take a deep breath. Digging inside and pulling out all of the seeds, gettin' my hands all goopy with pumpkin sludge. Cleaning and scraping away at the inside flesh until its smooth as silk. Scooping out a little cradle where the candle will sit comfortably. Lights out!

When my kids were little I sewed the majority of their costumes!

Witch.
Devil. Ghost
Dracula. Power Ranger.
Indians.
Snow White. Minnie Mouse. And many, many, more!

Last year I made my college-aged son Oscar the Grouch and he won 2nd prize! Gotta love it!

Butter, salt, 450 degrees for about 25 minutes. It ain't Halloween without
pumpkin seeds!

No comments: