Thursday, November 20, 2008

Wake Up and Smell the Turkey!

Thanksgiving.

Is it the forgotten holiday?

It seems like it's becoming so to me. Halloween comes and everyone carves a pumpkin, buys candy, dresses up, and parties on. The next day I hop in the car, tune in and shaaaaaazaaaaaam! Christmas Music!

Too MUCH too SOON!

What about Thanksgiving? It's a great Holiday and a CHEAP holiday which makes it even GREATER! No stressin' about what to buy who, no stressin' looking at your checking account, no stressin' about pulling out and putting up all kinds of decorations, no stressin about baking the best cookie.


Thanksgiving. It's a no stress holiday. Wake up, tune into the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, watch a little football, chow down and pass out.
Even those of us who do the cooking and slave in the kitchen still love Thanksgiving. It's great to whip-up our own "traditional stuffing" and turkey for the ones we love. Who doesn't love the feel of cranberries being pushed out of the can and slicing it with the lid so they have that "ridged" effect. C'mon! What's not to love? Pumpkin pie. Pecan pie. Sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top.....Yum, Yum, Yum!


Thanksgiving! It's become the most under-estimated holiday of the year.

Wake up people! Wake up and smell the Turkey!


I Give THANKS!

T ampons! What woman doesn't appreciate tampons? Walkin' around with a 10x3 wet pad between my legs was no fun! Hail to the tampon!

H am. Not to dis the Turkey at this time of the year, but anyone who REALLY knows me, knows I can't really appreciate my scrambled eggs without diced ham!

A merican Idol! An hour of pure entertainment and cheering for the underdog. For the past three years I've had friends and/or family over for "American Idol" nite. Fun, food and pure emotion! Gotta luv it.

N ite time radio. Couldn't fall asleep without it.

K isses. His are the best.

S trength. I am a phenomenal woman. I am mentally and physically strong.

No comments: