Friday, January 16, 2009

Mystery Fish

...and I had a very good time. I went fishing and got sunburn.

And when I got home, Mr. Plecostomus was nowhere to be found.

I asked my fish-sitter if any fish died. She said "not that I know of".

I was very disturbed.

Where did Mr. Plecostomus go? He wasn't hiding anywhere cuz I looked good and hard. He wasn't floating anywhere. He wasn't in the filter. Mr. Plecostoms just vanished. Never to be seen again.


And so there were 6.

Last month, I went to Washington for the holidays. I left my daughter to care for my six little fish.

I had a very good time. I ate good food and drank good wine.

And when I got home. Three little fishies were gone! Just like Mr. Plecostomus. My White Clouds weren't hiding, floating or in the filter. They vanished. Never to be seen again...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Last time I had a fish disappear it was the cat. I came in to find "Ralph" with his entire arm in the tank trying to grab a quick bite to eat.
I don't know if fish can commit suicide, but I did have a fish jump out of the tank before too. It looks like you have a lid so I doubt they all jumped.
Maybe the missing fish had gambling debts and they didn't pay up. One of my favorite movie quotes "A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes."